Summer Favorites

Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer is in full effect and so is my Summer routine! Like I've mentioned before I'm all about glowing skin and keeping it easy and flawless these days so it only makes sense that I listed the products below. All of these beauty products have really made my life easier as far as face time goes and the body products make me feel fresh and delicious smelling, which is really how everyone wants to feel when it's hard to avoid being hot and sweaty! If you have any favorites, feel free to share.





Summer Favorites



1. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Beige - A highlighter is really my staple for the season. I feel like it is totally underestimated how much more amazing your face looks when you add a touch of highlight. This one is great because it has the different color strips to add dimension, but none of them are super bright so you can wear it with any look. 
2. Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Healthy Glow Color Palette - When I purchased this product I really didn't realize how much use I would be getting out of it. I literally use this every single day. It's a convenient set of 5 cream colors, 2 cheek colors, 2 highlighter and one bronzer/contour shade. With it being summer and all of us wanting dewy looking skin, this is amazing. I contour with the bronze color and get so much use out of the peachy cheek color and I blend everything together with a beauty blender. I'm left with a fresh looking glowing face without the worry of cakiness. I haven't been so in love with a product in a long time, this is an "all in one" that actually did it right. Also, 100% of profits are donated to Laura Mercier's Ovarian Cancer fund, so you can't argue with that.
3. Beauty Blender - If you've read my review of this you know I love it. This is the perfect tool to give you flawless looking skin and works so amazing with all cream based products. It's a must for all seasons, but especially Summer.
4. Lush Massage Bar in Strawberry Feels Forever - This amazingly scented bar is ideal for moisturizing right out of the shower. You warm it up in your hand and rub it all over your body leaving you smelling like strawberries, hibiscus flowers and coconut oil. Sometimes I want to take a bite out of it, but then I stop myself.
5. Clinique Exfoliating Scrub - I discovered this scrub by pleasant surprise when I visited my cousin in Portland and she had it in her shower. I thought it was like any other scrub until my skin started to experience the most amazingly refreshing tingle after applying. Turn out this scrub contains menthol which means it not only clears up your dead skin (I used it after I was peeling from a sunburn and the peeling skin was gone!) but it also leaves it feel fresh and tingly, so ideal for hot summer days. Also it's important to note that the instructions state this is for oily skin but I have normal to combination skin and it doesn't dry me out too much. So if you have a skin type other than oily, I would still give it a try.

If you have any summer favorites feel free to let me know and enjoy your days in the sun if you're getting them!

Post a Comment