First Impression: Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads

Monday, December 1, 2014




As mentioned in my Evening Skincare Routine post, I've been using these Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Exfoliating Facial Pads for about 2 weeks now and I feel like I'm able to give my first impression of them at this point.


I purchased these pads after deciding back and forth on which product I wanted to purchase with Glycolic Acid. For those of you that are not familiar with glycolic, it is used in some skincare products as an exfoliant and also helps to smooth, brighten and anti-age the skin. From a drug store brand most glycolic products have somewhere between 1-5% of the acid, and the higher you go (some have up to 20%) the less often you have to use it. The first glycolic product I fell in love with was actually made by Chanel, called Le Weekend. As the instructions suggest, you use this serum morning and night for two days in a row, then discontinue use for another 5 days and repeat. I had a deluxe sample of this and I really like it and saw a difference in my skin, but I just couldn't justify spending $115 on a serum I use once a week. Also, I'm not a fan of the fact that Chanel does not list the percentage of glycolic for this product. For this price tag I would have liked it to be a bit high, but based on others who have researched and reviewed it, it may only be around 3-5%.

With all of this in mind I then tried to find some substitute products and that is where Nip + Fab came in. I took a trip to Ulta and I was browsing up and down the isles when the words Glycolic jumped out at me. The item was onsale so I did a quick review check on my phone and decided this would be a great substitute for the expensive serum that I fell in love with, and really it has been.

When I first started using this I was only applying as a night treatment, however in the past week I have bumped it up to morning and night and I am honestly seeing a difference in the texture of my skin. It is definitely much smoother than it has been and also more bright. I'm going on two weeks worth of use and I'm at the point where I feel like I have makeup optional skin. Keep in mind that all of this also coincides with the other products in my skincare routine, but I know this is giving me added benefits. I would say that I can attribute most of the smoothness and brightness of my skin to this product. I also have found that it has some makeup removing benefits. When I use purity as my cleanser there are times when it still leaves some residue if I am not using my clarisonic. So when I swipe this across my face not only is it working to smooth and brighten, but it is also acting as a makeup remover. Not to mention it smells like fruity pebbles, which to me is a good thing.

Overall, I am more than satisfied with this product and I am even more so because of the price. When I purchased these, I received 60 pads which can be a one to two month supply depending on how often you use them for only $12. They have delivered everything they have promised and I'm excited to see how smooth my skin is once I finish this first batch. If you're thinking of investing in an anti-aging product with a few more added benefits, this is really worth investing in.

Above: The most recent photo of myself (11/28/14) and my skin is looking smooth and clear!

Post a Comment