Drug Store Come Up of the Week

Sunday, October 21, 2012


 I was searching some makeup artists and common makeup tags on Intagram the other day (for me those are #ilovemaciggirls, #makeupaddict, and various brand tags) and I came across an artist who posted a flawless fall face which included a thick black liner, bronzer for blush and a deep purple lip that I fell in love with. She stated the color was "Va Va Violet" by Revlon. I found myself at Walmart and checked out the color, it seemed much deeper in the packaging than it did on her lips but I bought it anyway. While I was there I snagged this gem called "Wine Not" by Revlon, and I am much happier with this purchase. "Va Va Violet" is a satin finish and it's not as opaque when you put it on, it has more sheen to it than I'm normally drawn to but I need to play with it a little more. "Wine Not" is a deep burgundy matte lipstick that is now my new staple for fall. I paired it with MAC's "Vino" lip pencil and the combination is one of my favorites. Vino is a super deep pencil and I wouldn't wanna pair it with a lip color that was also that deep, so I love the two together. Here are some pics of me rocking the combo. If you have any fall must haves from the drugstore feel free to let me know in a comment below!






Above: Pics of me wearing the colors one with iPhone front facing camera, and the other with a flash so you can get a better idea of what they look like. For the rest of my face I used Terra Cotta Blush by NYX and the Naked Palette on my eyes. 

Above: You can see the Vino pencil is much deeper, so if you don't want to achieve of look that is as deep as the picture of me above, skip the pencil or just apply it lightly. 

Above: Vino Lip Pencil and Wine Not Lipstick post application :)

Post a Comment