What's In My Travel Makeup Bag

Monday, October 22, 2012

I spent this past weekend away from my house and plan on going to work tomorrow from my mini vacation spot. When this happens, I tend to pack my travel makeup bag much heavier than I would for a day trip, so here is what it consists of...


This is the largest makeup bag I own, it's Betsey Johnson. The only thing I don't like about it is it doesn't have a handle, which would make it much easier to travel with. It's usually stuffed full on my trips. 

 And here is everything I managed to stuff inside of it. From Top left: Naked Palette, Lorac Pro Palette, Sephora Mineral Powder, Laura Mercier Creme Foundation, Toki Doki Bronzer, NYX Blush in Mocha, MAC Fix +, NARS Orgasm Blush, MAC Painterly Paintpot, MAC Dipdown eyeliner (brows), MAC Eyeshadows in Espresso, Bamboo and Omega. Benefit PoreFessional Primer, MAC Concealer and My Spots are Concealed, then various brushes.


I use the dual fiber brush for my Fix + spray because I don't like to spray it directly on my face. The I always take a couple crease brushes such as the Stila one and MAC 217. Then angled brushes for my eyebrows and eyeliner, then a blush brush. 

I chose these products because they make it easy to change my mind about my looks. I always pack a pink/red toned blush and a peach colored one so they will fit with any eye look. The two palettes (Naked and Lorac Pro) have a combination of matte and metallic colors and give a lot of versatility. Even though it's usually the case that I only rock a thick liner and mascara when I'm away, I like being able to have the option to do whatever I'm in the mood for. 

Post a Comment