Freelance Life: Barn House Photo Shoot

Monday, July 15, 2013


One of the biggest things about promoting yourself as a freelance artist is to develop an impressive portfolio that will make potential clients want to book you. I've been doing makeup for over 10 years but unfortunately I didn't start taking the portfolio building seriously until recently.

I had been brainstorming ideas on the type of shoot I wanted to create when all along the perfect shooting location had been right under my nose. I pass by this abandoned home and barn house everyday on my way to work and seeing it in the sunrise and sunset made me think it would be the perfect place for a photo shoot! I loved that the location was local and that I was also able to pull some local talent to turn my vision into a reality. My best friend Zacile is the beautiful model featured, the wardrobe was provided by my other lovely and fashion forward friend Taylor, you can find her instagram here and the moments were captured by the skills of my photographer neighbor Reggie, you can see more of his work on his website http://www.reggiearnoldphotography.com.  
Seeing as it was a barn location I wanted the vibe to be country chic with bridal ideal makeup and I feel like this was achieved! Though the shoot happened very last minute I feel like we pulled together something really beautiful and I look forward to collaborating with these great people again in the future. 
I thought it would be nice to post some of the photos, I'll be adding them to my freelance site www.makeupbyamandab.blogspot.com. The makeup and hair was done by me (hair for the first time, I'm a little less polished than I'd like to be in that department but definitely learning!) Let me know what you think and if you're in the Southern California area and would like to book me, you can email me at mandyapplemakeup@gmail.com. 




















Post a Comment