When Did My Nails Get So Long?

Monday, September 2, 2013




Growing strong, natural nails has always been something I'd like to do but as soon as one breaks I cut all the rest of them and start over gain with little nubs. While I was in Sephora shopping for a birthday gift for a friend I came across their Crystal Nail Files.
I had read about crystal files and heard that they promote growth in nails and keep them from splitting and breaking. This sounded like a good gift to me so I grabbed one for my friend and decided to purchase one for myself as well. This is literally the ONLY change I've made in my manicure routine and it seems like almost overnight my nails have grown to a great length! Though it should be said that this may also be attributed to the summer, as I've heard that nails and hair grow fast in summer months, but either way I'm happy with my nails now. They're super strong on top of being a decent length and I'd like to keep this up into Fall.



I also invested in a nail strengther but I honestly only used it one time so I doubt that had anything to do with the growth. But my new nail routine will now include the crystal file and the strenthener so we'll see how that goes. If I notice that my nails continue to grow long and strong I will let you all know!


Above: My Crystal Nail File from Sephora
Below: The nail strengthener I bought from Orly called Tough Cookie. So Far I've only used it once so I can't say it it works well. 


Below: My Nails after they were trimmed and had a gel manicure. 
Note: the first photo I have up is my nails before the manicure, longer but not the same length. 


Post a Comment