Black Friday Shopping Haul

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Now that is is Sunday and I have the chance to recap my nice, yet short holiday weekend I wanted to let you all sneak a peak at my mini haul from Black Friday shopping. I would also like to note that I did this shopping relatively late in the day and didn't have a terrifying experience like the many who went to Walmart, which is how I prefer it. I'm not a fan of crowds and even less of a fan of waiting in line. The stuff I got from Ulta wasn't really "Black Friday" special, they just had "Buy One Get One 50% Off" on NYX and Real Techniques brushes and I had been meaning to grab a few things for my makeup kit. I also stopped by MAC to pick up some essentials as well as some pigments from the Holiday Collection that I couldn't say no to. Here is what I ended up with...






First stop was Ulta and I headed straight for the Real Techniques brushes. If you have yet to introduce yourself to the Blush Brush they carry then you need to hurry up and let it change your life. When I first saw it I was afraid that maybe it was too tapered and didn't see how it could get the job done, but now that I use it on a daily basis that is exactly what I love about it. This brush is PERFECTION for adding a powder contour to your cheek bones. It works right in the groove and blends like a dream. Since grabbing one a while back for trial I've been meaning to stop by and get a couple more but I wanted to wait for the sale. I've used a few of their other brushes and I'm a fan of all of them (but I haven't tried the dual-fiber ones) I would just say that the blush brush is the one that is most worth your money.

NYX was also having a BOGO 50% off sale so I took this opportunity to get some liquid foundations for my kit. I have an array of cream foundations but I've noticed that I'm neglecting those with oily skin a bit and wanted to cater to those clients with these purchases. On top of getting the HD Foundations in #01 and #07, I wanted to try their Stay Matte but not Flat Foundation for Oily skin. I haven't tried these out or nor have I read any reviews on them so I'm hoping it wasn't a wasted purchase. Once I try them on an oily skin type I'll review my experience and let you know how it went. I also picked up a mattifying spray and a liquid illuminator. The illuminator is very pearl like and a bit more shimmery than Benefit's Highbeam.





Last stop was MAC, I picked up some Fix +, my Studiofix Fluid Foundation in NC25 and the pigment/glitter set. Though all the pigment sets were beautiful, I'm partial to earth tones because I feel like they're the most universal. I'm excited to play with looks with this set for the holidays. I really hope that I get invited to a bunch of holiday parties because my wardrobe and makeup kit are ready to go!



If there is anything specific in this line up that you would like a review of or if you have any questions, please let me know!You also don't have to restrict yourself to Blogger, I'm also available via Twitter and Facebook!

Post a Comment