Sephora Mini Haul Gone BAD

Thursday, October 2, 2014



Hi Everyone!
I feel like lately I have done really well with not over spending on things like clothes and beauty supplies and have been saving my money for a rainy day. But I do notice that when I go a certain amount of time on this pattern, I get in a mood where I need to impulse purchase. So I was on a lunch break from work and I decided to pop in a Sephora to pick up a few things I had been contemplating for a while. Every product I bought I had done previous research on either through referrals or reviews on sephora.com so I thought for sure these were good buys, but as far as my first impression goes I will not be repurchasing the following items.


My adventure led me to an eye cream by Fresh, their Hydrating Eye Gel Cream, a brow product by Benefit called Gimme Brow, and finally a lip firming treatment from Peter Thomas Roth, Un-Wrinkle Lip Treatment.

Let's start with the fresh gel eye cream, when I was researching this product I liked the hydration factor but wasn't too happy that it didn't have much anti-aging properties to it. I have recently been using one by Murad that is super old and I'm sure all the active ingredients are done for so I wanted to move onto something more fresh (guess I took the name literally), and this just didn't do it for me. It is hydrating but I'm just not crazy about it. All of fresh's products have the same smell as the soy face cleanser and this is kind of bothering me about the cream. I can't smell the roses in it at all, and since it isn't anti aging, doesn't smell as nice as I thought, I will not be repurchasing.

As for Gimme Brow, this might be the biggest bummer for me because I have been eyeing this product for a while and just didn't want to spend the $22 without knowing for sure I was going to like it. I was convinced to get it however, when I saw a video by Makeup Geek talking about how much see uses it. I typically trust her reviews and I went ahead with the purchase, but for me it doesn't do enough. I use Anastasia dip brow on the last 2/3 of my brows and was hoping this product would fill in my first 1/3 and give me that gradient look. I found that when I wore it alone it just set my brows in place, the little fibers in it did not do much gripping to the ends of my brow hairs. So I have to add a light powder shade to this portion just like I have always done. I feel like this is just an overpriced setting gel rather than one that actually adds color or fibers to make them longer.

Lastly, the Un-Wrinkle Lip Treatment. This product burned the entire crap out of my lips! The bottle says that it will "tingle," but no. There is no tingle. It is a straight burning sensation and I wanted to wash it off as soon as I put it on. The feeling lasted about 5 min and eventually went away, but I just feel like it's not worth putting it on everyday if it's going to be painful. So I cannot attest to if this product actually reduces fine lines in the lips, but I will say the ingredients really did a number on me and I won't be trying it again.

If you have any more feedback or experiences with these or other similar products that you would recommend instead, please let me know in a comment!

1 people left comments on: "Sephora Mini Haul Gone BAD"

  1. Thank you! I'm trying out some new eye creams at the moment to give some more hopeful reviews ;)

    ReplyDelete