April Favorites

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

APril Favorites

Hello Everyone! I know I haven't posted in a little while. It's been a combination of being busy with work and school, being broke, and also I'm in the process of interviewing with Sephora again. Hopefully I will know if I am hired very soon so I can share much more information with you all! But here is a list of some purchases I've made over the month, or just ones that have become more relevant to me recently, enjoy and let me know your thoughts! 

1. Bite Beauty Lip Rouge, $22- Now I don't have this exact product, I bought a no name brand of rouge a lil bit ago and I'm in love with how simple it is to use and what a different it makes when you're not wearing any makeup. A pop of this on the lips and cheeks really brightens up your face and gives a romantic look. 
2. ELF High Definition Powder, $6- This product is so comparable to the Make Up Forever HD powder it's insane! It's very finely milled and leaves my skin feeling very smooth. My favorite thing to do is use this on top of my foundation when I don't want to look like I have a ton of makeup on. It allows the foundation to show a bit of sheen and also sets it so it doesn't run off my face for the rest of the day. Definitely worth your time and money and with the amount of powder it contains it will last forever.
3. Lush Ocean Salt, $34.95- When I stopped by Lush to pick up my usual Buffy, Mask and bar of Soap I was approached by the salesman who sold me on this product. My mom had actually just bought a body scrub that claimed to do the same this product does (remove dead skin cellls) but I found the fragrance in her scrub was too strong for my sensitive skin. This product is all natural and it leaves my skin glowing and smells amazing. I don't use it everyday because I don't like to scrub that often but it does work well.
4. Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Foundation, $50- I know this product is a little on the pricey side but I can honestly say this is hands down my favorite foundation. I have normal to dry skin and on the days where my skin is feeling thirsty this is my go to product. It covers so amazing and feels silky smooth. But because of the thick texture (and it's super thick so if that's not your preference you probably won't like it) I use my fingers to apply it. If you aren't into using your hands I would say only use a sponge, because any other brush isn't going to work well with the texture. I also like to compliment it with some cream blush and some MAC Fix + and my skin looks dewy and flawless!
5. Stila Smudge Crayon, Water Proof Liner, $22- Lately I have only been wearing mascara and blush because I either don't have the time or I'm just not in the mood to impress. And the best trick to thicken up the look of your lashes is to add some water proof liner to the upper waterline and in between the lashes. It makes them look thicker and fuller and really brings attention to your eyes. You can add this to a quick 5 minute face routine and it really makes a difference. 
6. Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, $5- I decided to feature 2 foundations this month because that's really been my main focus. I haven't been motivated to get risky with my eye shadow but it's very important to me that my skin looks good. And this is by FAR the best drug store foundation out there in my opinion. It covers well, it feels really smooth and when coupled with a good primer it looks like an expensive foundation. This should be in everyone's kit. 

1 people left comments on: "April Favorites"

  1. Very informative post! I've heard lots of great things about the ELF HD powder. I'll definitely give it a try since I prefer loose powder over compact powder.

    Karen @ http://beautyplaylist.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete