Monday Rave: L'Oreal Pencil Perfect Self-Advancing Eyeliner

Monday, January 27, 2014



Since Monday's are usually depressing and boring, I decided to create a new installment, Monday Rave! Every Monday I will post a review of a product I can't live without. You can also take this opportunity to let me know which products are your favorite too! Let's get started...


Applying eyeliner in the waterline can be a very tricky process for some of us, especially if you're like me and you have sensitive eyes. One wrong move can cause your eyes to water and possibly ruin the work you have already done with your makeup. To make this process easier for me and for my clients I've tried to either use a gel liner or a liner that glides on easily with minimal effort to deliver pigment. The L'Oreal Pencil Perfect Self-Advancing Eyeliner does exactly that at a great price point. It is incredible pigmented and creamy and glides in your waterline with ease. I find that just one back and forth motion does the job and gives me a deep line with little to no irritation to my eyes. I just purchased another one of these (my first one ran out) and it's also apart of my professional makeup kit. The cheapest I have seen it is at Walmart for around $8.00. You may think that is steep for a drug store brand (I know I did) but this liner is so worth the price, especially since it is retractable. This feature is also what makes it ideal for clients, no wasting time or hassling with sharpening, just retract and apply as needed. One thing I do want to mention though is that it is not waterproof. So if you are applying a shadow under your bottom lashes you should be fine, but if you are going with just straight liner in the waterline, set lightly with a powder so it doesn't slip. Other than that, great product.


Above: Pencil Perfect in Onyx and Carbon Black. Onyx is swatched on top, you can see that Carbon Black is slightly darker


Above: Left with liner, right without


Above: With liner in waterline


Post a Comment