Review: Sephora Moonshadow Baked Palette

Monday, July 2, 2012

Hello Lovelies!

Lately I have really been on a mission to develop my Matte Eyeshadow collection because for a while I was purchasing nothing but Frosts and Shimmers and didn't have much to work with in the blending department. However, I came across this Moonshadow Baked Palette from Sephora and I just couldn't say no. I loved that it came with a not just some colors that pop like the teal or the orange, but also plenty of neutral shimmer shadows so I can work them in my everyday work looks. I have been playing around with it for a while and even though the color selection is great, I'm not super thrilled with the payoff when the shadows aren't wet, but I have created some awesome looks when I wet them. So if any of you are looking to purchase this palette or any of their baked shadows I would say do so with caution. Sometimes wetting eye shadow requires a more dramatic eye and is more time consuming, so if you're looking for this to be a go-to daily palette, I would say pass on it. But I'm still happy with the purchase because it adds some variety to my shadow collection and the colors are really fun. I just know I have to think out my look and make it a bit more dramatic if I want the true color of the shadows to show.





Above: These are the shadows with one light swatch. The payoff isn't that great when they aren't wet

Above: The shadows swatched after I sprayed my brush with Fix + by MAC (wet look) 

Post a Comment