Monday Rave: Lush Curly Wurly Shampoo

Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday Rave: Lush Curly Wurly Shampoo

Happy Monday! It's still Monday right? I took a break last week for President's Day and mainly because I've been interviewing like crazy. I have realized that making a career change is a full time job in itself but I am definitely up to the challenge and doing well!

Onto the hair....I went to Lush a couple weeks ago and picked up some hair products for the first time. Lately I've been having this issue with a dry patch on my head that will not go away. I wash my hair about once every 3 days so it doesn't make sense to me that my hair is so dry in this one area. I decided to switch up my shampoo routine to something more organic in hopes of fixing the problem. I picked up the "Big" conditioner bar and some samples of "Curly Wurly" and "Big" shampoo. I completely fell in LOVE with the "Curly Wurly" shampoo that I went back a week later and bought the full size container. I was skeptical at first because it's a really thick constancy with pretty large pieces of coconut, it's main ingredients listed are fresh eggs, avocado oil and coconut and coconut oil.You only use a tiny bit and apply it directly to your roots then I took a shower comb and brushed it through my hair. My next huge concern was the cleanliness, I wanted to make sure it had a nice clean feeling before I purchased the full size and I can honestly say that it does. It actually gives it the "squeaky clean" feel. As far as the price point for this is concerned, at $25.95 for the container I thought the product was a little pricey but I really only have to use about a quarter size for my head so I know it's going to last me a long time. In the long run it's probably cheaper than most brands. Also I would note that even though the description of the product says it's for curly hair, it can be used on all hair types that need some extra moisture. I would say if you're looking to introduce yourself to organic shampoo and if you're having issues with dryness this product is worth the time and money.

 Above: My hair as of late, looking smoooooth

Post a Comment