Monday Rave: Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in Kiss of Life #111

Monday, February 3, 2014




Happy Monday! Today I'm raving about this Rimmel lipstick that I actually purchased about a month or so ago but had yet to give it a shot. I'm pretty sure it was just an impulse buy because the lipsticks were on sale, but either way I'm happy I did it!
While I was doing my makeup yesterday I was going to do my first "MAC" red lip which was Viva Glam I lipstick with Brick liner. I put on the Brick liner and realized that I couldn't find my Viva Glam I. I saw the red packaging for this Rimmel lipstick and put that on instead. The combination of the Rimmel with the Brick liner was really great because the liner is slightly darker so it created an ombre effect on my lips. The formula for the lipstick is smooth, not quite a satin but not true to a matte either. I also have to mention the staying power! I put it on before I went to a Superbowl party (lots of eating and drinking) and when I got home I still had plenty of color on, I didn't reapply once! But to be fair I did prep my lips before hand (exfoliate, moisturize, prime, liner, lipstick) but I do that with all of my lip colors and this one still managed to stay on longer than lots of other lipsticks. My only complain about this lipstick would be that it smells really fruity, like watermelon. I personally do not like fruity scents so that kind of bothers me about it, but the smell does not last all day and it's totally worth it if you can put up with it for a few minutes. This is definitely a new favorite red of mine that I'll be wearing for a while!



 Below: The lipstick in comparison to Ruby Woo by MAC. Ruby Woo has a bit more blue undertones and it is more matte, but the colors are similar. 




Above: A selfie I took at the Super Bowl Party I was at. Lipstick still going strong! 



Post a Comment