Monday Rave: Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation

Monday, April 28, 2014



Good Evening! I promise at some point I'm going to start writing these in advance so they get posted in the morning, but until then you get evening raves ;)



I haven't mentioned this yet but I recently got a job in cosmetics at a department store, because of this I'm now able to test out a lot more products and most importantly products I probably would not have tested out otherwise. Being around brands I don't really gravitate toward has introduced me to some really awesome products, one of those being Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation.
I think because Chanel has all this prestige I just assumed that the products were more about the brand name than the quality so I never really gave them a chance. However, I recently I tried the Vitalumiere Aqua foundation and I'm kind of obsessed with it. So reasons why it's amazing, first off it has that dewy finish that I love as someone with normal/dry skin. Second, it gives amazing coverage for being so luminous, I feel like sometimes with that finish you really have to layer the foundation, but with one application of this it covered really well and really even. It has an SPF of 15 and the formula is super light. It is also worth noting that even though it is "aqua" which makes it dewy, I didn't need to set it too much. I just put some MAC studio finish powder on my T-zone and I was good for the day. I blotted with a napkin a couple of times for my oiliness but no need to retouch. Overall I feel like this is an awesome foundation with a nice finish and great coverage. My only issues with it would have to be the smell. ALL of Chanel's products are extremely fragrant, and I wish they didn't add such a strong perfume smell to the foundation. Also of course the price point is kind of high, $48.00 for 1 oz. But if you compare some other high end brands, that's barely above the average price.



Left: I found that the B20 Beige color matched me the best. I'm also pretty sure there is also just a 20 Beige option, so if anyone knows the difference feel free to comment. 








Above: Me wearing the foundation with chapped lips, enjoy! 


Post a Comment