Monday Rave: Philosophy Hope in a Jar A-Z Cream

Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday Rave: Philosophy Hope in a Jar A-Z Cream


Happy Monday Everyone! 
Well it has only taken me a week to recover from Coachella and now I'm ready to get back to blogging. If anyone is wondering, I had the most amazing time while I was there! I'm thinking of doing a personal blog post about it, but I don't want to venture too far away from beauty. So if you are at all interested in that, please let me know in a comment.

Now onto the rave and also tying right back into Coachella, I wanted to talk about Philosophy's Hope in a Jar A-Z Cream which is their version of a BB cream. I used this product all through Coachella and have continued to use it everyday since I got back and I have to say I really love it. As I mentioned in my previous post, I wanted something that had the SPF plus a foundation so I didn't have to worry about adding an extra step to my routine. After applying it once in the morning, I had no need to retouch it throughout the day and the SPF covered very well, I spent a lot of time in the sun and did not get a sunburn. 

I also really like the coverage, I would say it's in between light and medium coverage, but definitely the best coverage of a BB cream I've seen. The only thing I've had to do it spot conceal my really pronounced blemishes with a cream foundation (I've been using Cinema Secrets cream foundation). Aside from that, I've gotten a really even coverage with this BB cream and I love how moisturizing and lightweight it is. It gives you a dewy finish plus coverage so it's perfect for summer, I'm positive this will be my go-to foundation in the hotter months. I'm using it in shade Medium, and from what I've seen that is the shade that matches most. The only downside to this is that it does only come in 3 shades that don't vary too much in pigmentation, so their deep skin tone option is not very deep. If you wanted to add a darker tint foundation to it to match you better I'm sure that would work, but I haven't tried it. 

I bought mine at Nordstrom for $38.00, I know you can get it online, at Ulta, Macys, Sephora, a ton of places carry philosophy and I'm pretty sure the price is the same everywhere. I did initially think this was a bit pricey for a BB cream, because that's about what I pay for a full coverage foundation. But so far I'm only using 2 pumps a day and I think the tube will last me for a good while. I can update you guys on how long it lasts me so you can get a better idea of that. 

Conclusion, I love it! The proof is in the photo below, if you have any questions about it, please leave a comment below :) 


Above: Me with the A-Z cream on, I spot concealed with Cinema Secrets cream foundation and I used a light dust of Ben Nye powder to set it. 



Post a Comment