My Morning Skincare Routine

Sunday, November 16, 2014



For the past few weeks I have really fallen back in love with reading other beauty blogs and watching their review videos. I used to spend hours discovering fun new blogs to check up on but somehow I got too busy to keep up with all of them. Lately, I have been reading and watching a TON of morning and evening skincare routines and I thought I would join in on the fun! More so too because my routine has been very consistent lately. I have found one that works well for me and I have seen very minimal breakouts because of it. Keep in mind that I do have combination/normal skin, my T-zone gets super oily as the day progresses but other than that it stays pretty normal. With the exception of weather changes (I tend to get a little dry in the winter)but for the most part it's consistent.


Cleansing: I start my morning with my Clarisonic Aria/Mia 3 which has a cashmere brush head and I use the philosophy microdelivery exfoliating wash in the shower. In some cases it might be too harsh to use an exfoliator with the Clarisonic but I find that the cashmere brush head is so soft and it compliments the exfoliator really well. I get a deep feeling clean without my skin being brushed too hard. This size is a 32 oz that I purchased at Nordstrom during their anniversary sale.




Toning: I'm still on the hunt for a great toner so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears, but for now I've been using the Lush toning water in Breath of Fresh Air. This is an herbal toner that really makes my skin feel fresh. I spray my face and wipe it with a cotton pad to get rid of any residue and I'm on to the next step.







Serum: For my morning serum I searched reviews up and down until I landed at a brand that I had no idea I would for skincare. I'm currently using the MAC Prep & Prime Brightening Serum. I wanted something with a Vitamin C to protect my skin for the day time and brightening was an added benefit because I'm starting to notice more dark spots and acnes marks so I want to stop those in their tracks! I've been using this for about 3 weeks now and I just now starting to see some benefits.



Eye Cream: This category is again one that needs a bit more works because I want to try a more anti-aging eye cream. For now I'm using the Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Eye Gel. This definitely gives me a cool boost and keeps my under eyes hydrated for concealer application.

Moisturizer: This varies on which foundation I'm using for the day, if it's a matte finish that's long wearing, I moisturize my skin with the Josie Maron 100% Argan Oil. This lets matte foundation (Like Estee Lauder Double Wear) glide on like butter and keeps it from looking cakey. If I'm wearing a more luminous finish foundation (Chanel Vitalumier Aqua) I use Lush's Imperialis moisturizer. It says it is meant for combo skin and gives me the right amount of hydration, not too much and not too little.


And for my final step I through some EOS lip balm on my lips and get to my makeup!

Post a Comment