October Favorites

Monday, November 3, 2014







The transition from summer to fall has me super excited about basic skincare and makeup products. This month's favorites list is more about soothing my dry skin, maintain a smooth and glowing flawless face, taming my frizz and smelling amazing. So let's get to it!


1. Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask from Freeman - I actually picked this up on a random stop at Ulta when I had no particular product in mind to purchase. I had been planning a bath tub session and decided to grab a mask to use while I was in there. I saw the Allure award on this and decided to give it a try and that was seriously the best decision I have made in a long time! This is the greatest face polish I have ever used. It made my skin feel so smooth and soft I couldn't stop touching it! My moisturizer just glided on after and my foundation went on like butter the next day. I am definitely going to be buying the full sized tube of it very soon.



2. Pureology Colour Fanatic Multi-Tasking Hair Treatment - Since my hair has been bleached to hell and back I was on the hunt for a great leave-in treatment for a little while. After asking around and getting some recommendations from friends this products seemed like the best choice. It lists 15 different uses, and though I'm sure some of them are a stretch, I feel like it works great as a leave-in and a heat protector which is really all I need it to do for me. Also, Pureology is about as vegan as it gets from a professional hair care line so sulfates and parabens are nowhere to be seen.



3. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Beige - I'm sure I've touched on this many times but I'm just in love with this highlighter. I pop this on the tops of my checks and down the bridge of my nose and I instantly have radiant skin without looking like I tried too hard. It's also worth noting that I use this highlight pretty much every single day and I have barely made a dent in it. It is a little pricey but it lasts a very long time.



4. NARS Concealer in Vanilla - I have been devoted to my tube concealer from another brand for a very long time but I've been in desperate need of an amazing concealer on a wand so my brow application time can be cut down. This concealer was exactly what I'm looking for. It works amazing to clean up the brow area as well as conceal underneath the eye.




5. L'Occitane Shower Oil - Okay. This products is amazing. I don't even know where to begin. The almond scent is what first drew me in, but from there I heard such great things about how it starts as an oil but then turns into this amazing soft lather. So it's lathering up and cleaning your body but without leaving an oily residue. For my winter eczema prone skin, this is exactly what I was looking for. Next on my list is the skin oil...



6. L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara - I know I'm pretty tardy for the party with this one but I'm in love with this mascara. I didn't think I would like this version because so far I haven't been impressed with Voluminous dupes (the millions lashes version) but this one really is amazing. The wand makes it super easy to get the tiny lashes in the corner and it bends with your movement. I will definitely be repurchasing.



7. AERIN Ikat Jasmine Body Cream - I have to be honest I had no idea that Aerin Lauder (Granddaughter of Estee Lauder) had a makeup and fragrance line. I heard about the purchase with purchase that was going on and when I was browsing fragrances I really fell in love with this scent. The jasmine makes it so feminine and I love how it lingers on the body. I can't stand a fragrance that fades away too quickly and the staying power of this one did not disappoint.



Post a Comment