MOTD On The Go: A Quick, Natural Face

Tuesday, March 11, 2014


This morning I really didn't feel like putting on a full face, mainly because it was about 85 degrees outside in Southern California, it was my day off and because I didn't have the patience. For this process I have a few go to items that give me a natural look so I grabbed a few of those and got my makeup done in around 15 Minutes.





1. I used Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Beige (in the photo I have the primer because the Tinted moisturizer I have is a sample but I'm really liking it so far).
2. Next I added some Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer in Light underneath my eye and blended it out. This is by far my FAVORITE concealer of all time. I'll be doing a more in depth review of it soon.
3. I lightly dust MAC's Studio Fix Powder in C4 over my T-Zone and chin because that's where I get the oiliest. I've also been trying the technique of not setting my concealer with a powder so I don't add any under my eye. I've found that if my concealer creases I just pat it into my skin and that's a better fix than dealing with the powder.
4. For blush I used Hervana by Benefit, I love this blush because it's matte and it has a nice mix of pink and slightly purple tones. It gives a nice touch of color without being overbearing. Also, I don't usually do any sort of contour when I'm having a natural face day, I just put a little bit of blush on the apples of my cheeks.
5. On natural days my brows are extremely simple. I just take an angled brush that isn't super stiff and I apply MAC's Omego eyeshadow very lightly. Just to fill in the spaces between my hairs because my brows aren't thick at all.
6. For mascara I use my all time favorite, Voluminous by L'Oreal. This is literally the only mascara you need in your life, just a couple coats to keep them looking natural.
7. Final step before lips is to mist my face with MAC's Fix+ spray. Lately I've been using a setting spray like Urban Decay's All Nighters so my makeup lasts longer. But in this case I'm using MAC because I want my skin to look dewy, not just be set in place.
8. For lips I first applied a red lipstain by theBalm called Stainiac and topped it with a Laura Mercier lipgloss in Blush.


Finished Product! 





Post a Comment